Telegram is one of the most popular and secure instant messaging applications in the world. With it you can communicate with your friends, family, co-workers or any other person who has the app installed on their device. However, at some point you may want delete telegram contacts that no longer interest you or that bother you. How can you do it? What consequences does it have? What alternatives are there? In this article we explain everything to you.
delete contacts in Telegram is an action that allows you delete from your contact list to those people with whom you no longer want to have any kind of relationship. If you want to know more about what it means to delete contacts and how you can do it from your mobile or your computer, keep reading this article. We tell you everything in detail and with practical examples.
Table of Contents
What is delete contacts in Telegram
Deleting contacts in this app is an action that allows you to delete from your contact list those people you no longer want to have no kind of relationship. By doing so, you will no longer see their name, their profile picture, their status, and their last connection. In addition, you will not be able to send them or receive messages from them, nor see their stories or their channels.
However, delete contacts does not imply that the other person I no longer have your phone number or I can't contact you again. If you want to avoid that, you will have to block or report it like spam. Nor does it imply that the chats you have had with that person are deleted, neither the files nor the photos that you have shared If you want to delete that data, you will have to do it manually.
How to delete contacts from your mobile
Deleting contacts in the application from your mobile is very simple and only it will take you a few seconds. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Telegram application and access the side menu by clicking on the three horizontal stripes in the upper left corner.
- Select option Contacts and search for the person you want to delete.
- Click on his name and access his profile.
- Click on the three vertical points in the upper right corner and choose the option Delete contact.
- Confirm your decision by clicking on the button Delete.
Ready! You have already removed that contact from your list and you will no longer be able to see or communicate with them.
How to delete Telegram contacts from your computer
Moreover, delete them from your computer it's just as easy that from your mobile. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Telegram application or access the web version from your browser.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper left corner and type the name of the contact you want to delete.
- Click on his name and go to his profile.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner and choose the option Delete contact.
- Confirm your decision by clicking on the button Delete.
That's it! You don't have to worry about the existence of that person anymore.
How to restore Telegram contacts that you have deleted
If you have deleted contacts on Telegram and you do you regret it or do you want to go back to have them on your list, don't worry, there is a way to restore them. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Telegram app and access the side menu clicking on the three horizontal stripes in the upper left corner.
- Select option Calls and find the phone number of the person you want to restore. If you don't remember, you can use the search engine at the top.
- Click on the phone number and access the person's profile.
- Click on the button add to contacts and confirm your action.
Ready! have you restored to that contact on your list and you will be able to see and communicate with him as before. Keep in mind that this option only works if the person has not blocked or reportedor as spam. In that case, you will not be able to restore it or contact it.
What other options are there to manage your Telegram contacts?
In addition to deleting contacts in Telegram, there are other options to manage your contacts and privacy in this application. Some of them are:
- block contacts: This option allows you to prevent a person from sending you messages or calling you on Telegram. To do so, you just have to access your profile and click on the option Block user. If you change your mind, you can unlock it from the side menu, in the section Blocked users.
- report contacts: This option allows you to report a person for sending unwanted messages, spam or inappropriate content. To do it, you just have to access your profile and click on the option Report spam. In this way, you will help improve the security and quality of Telegram.
- hide your number: This option allows you to prevent other people from seeing your phone number when they add you as a contact or when you join a group. To do it, you just have to go to the side menu, click on Settings, then about Privacy & Security and finally about Telephone. There you can choose who can see your number: everyone, your contacts or nobody.
Manage those around you
Delete contacts in Telegram it is a very simple action that allows you to clean your contact list and stop seeing those people with whom you no longer want to have any kind of relationship. However, you must bear in mind that this action does not imply that the other person I stopped having your number or that I cannot contact you again. If you want to avoid that, you will have to block it or report it as spam. In addition, it does not imply that they are deleted chats or files that you shared with that person. If you want to delete that data, you will have to do it manually.
If you want to know more about how to manage your contacts and your privacy on Telegram, you can check the official help page or the official blog of the application, where you will find updated information and useful advice. I hope we have helped you and that now you can manage better your circle of contacts no problem. Until next time!