These last 2 years, the instant messaging application WhatsApp It has been quite busy when it comes to updates and news. Most likely, this is due to the strong competition from other similar applications and platforms such as Telegram, which, without a doubt, is also one of the greats in this area.
For this reason, and because it is one of our favorite Android Guides applications, we frequently offer you the latest and best information, news, tutorials and guides about whatsapp. Being a recent and notable publication, one called "What's new in WhatsApp groups for 2023." Where we discuss the most new and important things known about the groups. And since recently, channels have been launched and fashionable, today we bring you this great and very practical quick guide to achieve «create a broadcast channel on WhatsApp» successfully.
But, before starting fully on our topic today, it is important to clarify that, A Broadcast Channel is not the same as a broadcast list. Since, a broadcast channel is a kind of parallel service to the app's chat and is aimed at one-way content broadcast for all those who subscribe or are subscribed to it. Meanwhile, broadcast lists are mechanisms for quickly sending messages to the personal chats of several pre-established recipients.
Thus, the channels are more informative. That is, they are more used for obtain important information and updates, such as text, links, photos or videos from third parties. And the broadcast lists are more communicative in use. Because they allow us to interact with the sender of the messages from our own personal chats.
Table of Contents
Create a broadcast channel on WhatsApp: Quick guide for newbies
Steps to create a broadcast channel on WhatsApp
According to WhatsApp, a broadcast channel is explicitly a new communication feature described as follows:
Broadcast channels offer informational updates displayed in a separate tab within the app, separate from your personal chats and calls. While some features may resemble WhatsApp chats, channel updates are not conversations, but rather one-way communications. Followers of a channel cannot respond directly to updates or send messages to administrators, but they can react to updates with emojis or vote in polls to show their interest in the channel's content.
And steps to create a Broadcast Channel within WhatsApp they are the following:
- We run the WhatsApp app on our mobile device
- Then, we go to the News tab.
- Next, we go down to the channels section and press the + icon (plus or cross symbol).
- And, in the options menu displayed, we select the New channel option.
- From here on, we must follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Being important to finish creating our new channel is to designate it a name, which we can change later at any opportunity. We can also add a description and an icon at any time we want or need it.
- And to finish, we just have to press the Create channel button.
Broadcast channels and our privacy
Given that Privacy and anonymity is always fundamental When using WhatsApp and any other similar app, and any other new way of communicating and informing ourselves inside or outside of these, it is important to know that in this sense WhatsApp ensures that when we join a broadcast channel the following will happen:
- For the users: People watching a channel, including other followers, cannot see who else is following that channel. Your profile information and interactions with channel content (such as reactions with emojis or voting in surveys) are also not visible to them. They can't see your name, phone number, or profile photo.
- For Administrators: Admins may be able to see your profile photo alongside emoji reactions or poll votes, depending on your privacy settings. Administrators can't see your full phone number or profile name unless they have you in their contacts.
In short, achieve «create a broadcast channel on WhatsApp» with success it is something really very simple and fast, regardless of whether or not we are newbies or experts in WhatsApp. So, from this moment if you wish, you can ccreate your own channel to share news and connect with your followers through WhatsApp.
Of course, we must take into account that, this new functionality or feature As of today (October 2023), it is still not available to everyone. Therefore, you must wait patiently for its total release worldwide or join its waiting list for make faster the process.