Has it happened to you that when you unlock your Xiaomi mobile you get a message that says “do not cover the earphone area”? Does it bother you that this message prevents you from using your cell phone normally? Do you want to know what it means and how to fix it? Then this article is for you.. We are going to explain what it is and why this message appears, what problems it can cause and how you can avoid or eliminate it.
Xiaomi is one of the most popular mobile brands and sold in the world, which is characterized by offering quality devices at competitive prices. Xiaomi has its own customization layer, called MIUI, which is based on the Android operating system, but adds exclusive functions and features. However, MIUI may also present some glitches or errors, such as the “do not cover the earpiece area.”
Table of Contents
Why does the message about not covering the earpiece appear?
The message about not covering the earphone area It is a notice that appears on some Xiaomi phones, which has to do with the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor is a component that detects the presence of objects close to the mobile phone, and is used to turn off the screen when we make a call and bring the mobile phone closer to our ear, or to activate pocket mode, which prevents the mobile phone from falling. accidentally turn on when We keep it in our pocket or backpack.
The message about not covering the earpiece area appears when the proximity sensor detects that something is covering the earpiece area, and that it may interfere with the operation of the mobile. The message is intended to warn us that we must remove the object that is covering the sensor, so that the mobile phone works correctly. However, many times the message appears without anything covering the sensor, and it becomes a problem.
What other causes can cause the message about not covering the earpiece area?
In addition to the causes that we have explained to you, there are other possible causes that can cause the message to appear. do not cover the earphone area, As:
- That the cell phone is exposed at extreme temperatures, such as cold or heat, which may affect the operation of the proximity sensor. To avoid this problem, you should keep your phone in a place with a suitable temperature, and avoid leaving it in the sun or in the car.
- That the mobile phone has a virus or malware, which may interfere with the operation of the proximity sensor. To avoid this problem, you must have an antivirus installed and updated on your mobile, and avoid downloading suspicious applications or files or from unknown sources.
- That the mobile phone has a factory or update defect, which may affect the operation of the proximity sensor. To avoid this problem, you must check that your mobile phone has a current warranty, and contact Xiaomi technical service to request a review or repair.
Problems this message can cause
The message about not covering the earpiece area can cause several problems, such as:
- Prevent us from using the mobile phone normally, since the message takes up the entire screen and does not allow us to access the applications or settings.
- Prevent us from receiving or making calls, since the message blocks the sound and the mobile screen, and does not allow us to hang up or answer.
- Prevent us from unlocking the mobile with the pattern, the PIN or the fingerprint, since the message does not recognize the unlocking method and asks us to remove the object that covers the sensor.
- Prevent us from turning off or restarting the mobile, since the message does not allow us to access the shutdown or restart menu.
How to avoid the message about covering the ear area
To avoid or eliminate the message about not covering the earphone area, we can follow some tips, such as:
- Check that there is nothing covering the proximity sensor, such as a case, a screen protector, a tempered glass, a handkerchief, etc. If there is something that covers it, we must remove it or change it for something that does not cover it.
- Clean the proximity sensor, which is usually located near the earpiece or front camera, with a soft, dry cloth or cotton swab. Sometimes the sensor can be dirty or full of dust, and that can cause it to fail or detect false positives.
- Adjust the sensitivity of the proximity sensor, from the mobile settings, in the screen or calls section. Sometimes the sensor can be too sensitive, and that can cause it to activate with any change in light or temperature. We can reduce the sensitivity of the sensor, or deactivate it completely, if we do not use it.
- Disable pocket mode, from the mobile settings, in the lock screen section. Pocket mode is a function that uses the proximity sensor to prevent the phone from accidentally turning on when we put it in our pocket or backpack. However, this function may cause the message not to cover the earphone area, if the sensor detects something that covers it. We can deactivate pocket mode, if we don't need it, or activate it only when we use it.
- Contact Xiaomi technical service, if none of the above tips work, or if the message persists or repeats frequently. The proximity sensor may be damaged or defective and may require repair or replacement. We can contact Xiaomi technical service from the official website, from the customer service phone number, or from the support chat.
Avoid problems for your device
The message about not covering the earphone area It is a notice that appears on some Xiaomi phones, which has to do with the proximity sensor. The message tells us that we must remove the object that is covering the sensor, so that the mobile phone works correctly. However, many times the message appears without anything covering the sensor, and it becomes a problem. To avoid or delete the message, we can follow some tips, such as checking that there is nothing covering the sensor, cleaning the sensor, adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor, deactivating pocket mode, or contact Xiaomi technical service.