There are many Android users wondering Is it possible to activate and deactivate the Google assistant that is on my screen? The truth is that it can be done, but to achieve it you have to follow the correct steps, whether you consider activating it to make more use of it or deactivating it for a while
In this article we will not only tell you how can you activate the google assistant, but also how you can deactivate it in cases that you do not want to continue using it. The assistant is a function that you can take advantage of in any case, in many of the devices you can quickly invoke it with a simple touch.
Table of Contents
Steps to activate the Google assistant
In order for you to have access to the Google assistant that appears on your mobile screen, it must be activated. To make it you must click on the assistant and if it has not been activated yet, you will be shown a notice that says “activar” and then it tells you that you must follow some configuration steps that are shown on the screen.
Once the wizard is active, you can set it up so you can activate it even with your voice. To achieve this, you just have to follow the following steps:
- The first step you should do is open the Google Assistant app and you must say the phrase "wizard setup".
- Once in the configuration menu, you should look for the option of "Popular configuration options” and you must click on the Voice Match option.
- Once in the voice Match option you must activate the option “Hey Google".
By following these three steps, you would have already activated the Google assistant activation system just by using the phrase “Hey Google".
You have to keep in mind that this procedure works for devices that have Android 5.0 or later versions. Besides that this function is activated even if the mobile is locked.
In case you don't want to make use of "Hey Google” to access the Google assistant, you can do it by pressing the home button of your mobile and thus the assistant will be activated.
Steps to disable the Google assistant
If at some point you have also wondered Can I turn off the Google Assistant on my screen?The answer is that it can. In order to do this deactivation it is necessary that you follow the steps that we give you below:
- First you must access the configuration of the assistant, to achieve this you can use the phrase “Hey Google, open assistant settings”. In the event that you do not have the "Hey Google" option active, you just have to enter the application and then request "google assistant settings".
- Once you have entered the configuration section, you must scroll down the options that you see on the screen until you find the one called “General".
- Once you enter the "General" option, you will notice that the option "Google Assistant"with a switch on the side, to deactivate it you just have to move switch left.
- When you have moved the switch to the left, the system will ask you if you want to deactivate the assistant and you must press to accept.
- By pressing accept you would leave the Google assistant deactivated, until you decide to activate it again.
With these steps that we have given you, we have already given an answer to the question,I can activate and deactivate the Google assistant that is on my screen? Quickly and easily.
Teach the Assistant to recognize your voice
The main thing about the Google assistant is that it recognizes your voice, if not, it will cost you a bit, having to do a little configuration. Before starting with it, it is best that you take your time and begin to carry out the basic concepts, which many people do once they start with the new mobile phone when they take it out of the box.
With recognition you can activate Google Assistant, which will appear on your screen and is one of several things to do with it. To do this, it will be necessary to reach the application, it will be necessary to invoke the same from the button or starting the application itself on your device.
To do this process, do the following:
- Launch the Google Assistant app on your device
- Activate voice recognition and say "Assistant settings"
- Already within "Popular settings", press on "Hey Google and Voice match", confirm that the option is activated
- Now after this, click on "Voice model" and click on "Recreate the voice model"
- Record your voice and the Google Assistant will begin to recognize your voice as long as you invoke it by saying "Hey Google", it won't take much more for it to activate on your device in a few seconds
This will allow you to open with just saying this wordAdd to that the fact that the physical button can open the application, which is one of the things you can do. After this you have to launch the command, which in this case is usually always Hey, Google, which will be enough for you to start using it.
Activate the assistant from your headphones
If you do not want to go through the application or the button, the headphones are your best friends if you want the invocation of the assistant, which is one of the things that you can get the most out of. In many cases, these usually have a button, if you press it for a long time it will jump on the screen and you just have to say the command “Hey, Google” again.
Not all headphones have this function, despite this you can find one quickly, as long as you search among the TWS, which are currently quite used. They are really valid in any case to start working and both listen and speak for them in a comfortable way. A specific model that has this is the Redmi Buds 4 Lite, the previous model also has it, the Redmi Buds 3 in its normal and Lite model.